Action: Improve the river protection!
The fourth phase of the project comprises of actions the pupils can take for their river. The FyR program favors activities which generate publicity and attention for rivers (see action kit). It is also possible to have pupils perform light river maintenance work.
This phase comprises several steps - from planning to realization - which could be carried out in cooperation with other groups.
- Learning groups can find ideas in web-assisted cooperation and work out plans (see virtual brainstorming; virtual future workshop).
- A virtual role-playing can help the students to prepare themselves for public action.
- With the virtual plan game, they can simulate an environmental conflict at the river and thus gain capabilities of mastering real conflicts.
- A virtual citizens' exhibition (see under Learning by designing) can be carried out at the local level.
- Last but not least, the readers' letterbox can bring the public voice into the learning process.