Each successful action needs thorough preparation.
Tip: Benefit from other people’s ideas and make your experiences known to other groups. Take a look at the ‘Book of the River’ and get in contact with other school classes.
Create an ‘action planner’, which helps you organize yourself, and hang it up on the wall.
The following list may provide you with some ideas. (Sample planner in MS Word Format)
Otherwise, you can download a more complete “Action planner”. (Complete action planner in MS Word Format)
Who belongs to the action team?
What is the aim or goal of the action?
At whom is the action targeted?
When will the action be carried out?
Where will the action take place?
How will your group act? Friendly, with humor, fiercely, etc.?
What tools will be necessary to complete the action?
Checklist for a public action
- Topic chosen
- Core message formulated
- Material organised, background knowledge gathered
- Short and comprehensible sentences
- Reservation for suitable room made
- Arrangements made, permission received
- Date researched and selected (no major conflicts on that day)
- Material organised
- Finance needs identified, raised an tracked
- Schedule or timeline organised and distributed
- Important players to be involved are invited and informed on their role and time (WHO? WHAT? WHEN? WHY? For WHOM?)
- Method of evaluation developed
- Advertising organised
- Tasks assigned
- Planning completed
- Welcoming new members and departures
- Short introduction or orientation
- Explanations, question answering
- Stick to planned speech time
- Contact person nominated